Julia Wehman, OTR/L
Julia is a local, born right here in Austin and grew up in Buda. She graduated from the University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, in May 2007, with a Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Sciences and a Master of Occupational Therapy. She worked for a private pediatric occupational therapy clinic in the Austin area for 7 ½ years before joining the team here at KidSensations. She enjoys spending time with her family and traveling.
Areas of expertise include:
Issues with sensory processing, attention, anxiety, self-regulation, social emotional development, frustration tolerance, aversion to food, ocular motor dysfunction, along with neurodevelopmental and primitive reflex integration techniques.
Special certifications and training include but are not limited to:
- Handwriting Without Tears and other handwriting programs
- MNRI Dynamic & Postural Reflex Pattern Integration
- Therapeutic Listening
- Executive Dysfunction and Non-med treatment for ADHD
- DIR/Floortime for Autism and SPD
- Improving eating behaviors in children and feeding aversions
- Pediatric NDT Handling
- Techniques for children with emotional and behavioral problems
- Vision Therapy Techniques
- How Does Your Engine Run? Program
To discuss your specific occupational therapy needs or to schedule an evaluation, please contact us.